With the new range of 5 Karat gold jewellery in our shops, we share the following jewellery care and maintenance tips. This list is not all exhaustive and only provides guidelines to help keep your precious 5k gold jewellry looking new as ever.
To reduce tarnishing of five karat (5k) gold jewellery, we advise as follows:
- The product can be stored in a plastic bag or in a jewellery case.
- Before storing it in zip lock bag make sure that you squeeze out all the air before sealing the bag as availability of air can result to oxidation then tarnishing.
- Put anti-tarnish strips which suck up any moisture that exist in the plastic bag.
- Keep your five karat (5k) gold jewellery from direct contact with perfumes.
- Do not expose your 5kgold jewellery to the chemicals such as a detergents and nail polishes and so on.
- Take-off the jewellery when swimming or bathing, to avoid the chemical changes caused by contact with this water.
- To clean dust and dirt, use neutral detergents to soak your jewellery.
- Clean your jewellery with gold polishing cloth (flannel) recommended by the supplier or a professional jewellery manufacturer.
- Get your 5k gold jewellery renewed by the professional jewellers.